Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kendall Anne

She will be one month one on Sunday, so I need to get this up before it is way too late.
February 6th and 7th my mom and I spent two fun days at this sewing convention. We walked all day, took classes and learned how to properly alter patterns, do silk screening, make rugs and all sorts of fun stuff. I was 8 months pregnant, just a few days into my last month. I got looks everywhere we went, maybe it was because of my waddle and sprint to every bathroom we passed. Anyways I came home Saturday tired and sore! That night I woke up at 2:30 in the morning with contractions starting and I had to pee! The funny thing was I couldn't seem to stop. As I was lying in bed I kept wetting my pants! I wasn't sure what the problem was. I mean, I still had a month to go! I was either so overly worn out from the past two days and wetting my pants, or my water broke and I was leaking. So to be sure of what this might be I continued to "wet my pants" till 7am when I decided there was no way I lost that much control over myself and it had to be my water. We called my mom, she came and got the girls and Damon and I headed downtown to the hospital. Indeed my water broke and they hooked me up to what was going to be a long day. I was only dilated to a two maybe three and 30% effaced, and my contractions were not coming regularly or strong. I couldn't believe my water broke, this was my fourth kid, and my water only broke with the first one. I still had3 few weeks to go!
Well, soon after they hooked me up and gave me the epidural they noticed her heart rate would drop with each contraction. It would recover after each contraction, but it was taking a longer time to do so as time went on. They said I might have to have a c-section if they couldn't get this to stop or if i didn't deliver soon. But I was not dilating, and then her heart rate dropped and didn't recover. Within minutes I was rushed into the operating room and hoisted onto the operating table. They upped my epidural and there were at least ten people in the room. Damon came running in zipping up his blue onesie and snapping on his hat, sat down and held my hand at they went to work. I get real emotional with drugs and I fell apart and cried the whole way through. She came out purple with the cord wrapped around her neck once, but real tight. She was born at 2:26pm at 6pounds 1 ounce and 19 inches long. We feel so blessed to have her and that she did come three weeks early. If she had waited she may have not made it with the cord around her neck and a few extra pounds. We love our new baby girl and our family of six! My incision had a minor complication and didn't close all the way. I had a four centimeter hole that was 3cm deep. A nurse came to my house every other day for the first two weeks to clean and pack my wound. It has closed now and things are getting back to normal. My wonderful Mom would not leave me alone for the first week and a half and was at my house every morning to take care of me and the girls until every evening when Damon could take over. Kendall is the first of our babies to sleep in our room and the first to not eat and sleep well. So we are dying from lack of sleep as we experience our first "real baby" as my mom puts it. This last weekend I had, had enough and went and bought everything I could find for upset baby tummies. Gripe Water is our new best friend and is the only way, any of are getting any sleep now. So thing are getting much better, she is eating better, sleeping better and much more relaxed during the day now that her tummy doesn't hurt all the time.OurGirls

Corinne was not sure about this new addition that kicked her out of the baby position :)

She like to suck on her fingers or thumb, whichever she can find first.

Our beautiful baby!

8 comments:

theferrisoneofall said...

Carrie! She is beautiful! What a great addition. I am glad things worked out well. Sorry you had to have a C-section though. That's not a fun recovery with other children to run around after!

The Ravsten's said...

She looks like your girls! It's amazing how they can all look similar and so different. I'm so glad that she came when she did. Kedzie had a similar birthing story. It's just amazing that Heavenly Father gets them here in his own way. Congrats and I"m glad things are going better. Sorry they have been so difficult. Hang in there.

kristen said...

Carrie, your girls are so darling. In the black and white Kendall looks just like Kaylee to me, but then in another one, she looks so much like Claire! Why didn't you let me know you weren't healing up well?! I'm sorry I'm such a bad friend and I didn't know!

aubreyannie said...

she is absolutely beautiful. i love the pictures of all the girls holding her. and the name kendall is so cute!!

i'm glad everything worked out and she was safe and healthy coming out, but i am sorry that it's been a rough beginning. that lack of sleep can be killer and especially if she's not eating well. hang in there, guys!

Jerry said...

What a cutie! She certainly is a doll! I'm sorry to hear the first month was so rough. Allyson was a fussy baby, too - so I remember those days of endless crying without knowing how to help. Glad the gripe water is helping - and I hope things continue to improve. Again - she's beautiful! I hope you are feeling better each day yourself, too.

irishkaren said...

You can tell she's one of your girls, she looks alot like Corinne I think. Hope she is getting more settled these days. Our first 2 were "real babies" and Bryce has been our wonder baby. I'm hoping if I have more, they'll follow in his footsteps!!

Madeline said...

Holy Cow, she's a pretty baby! I think we should probably get her and Gavin acquainted soon, so as to cement a prearranged marriage.

Tiffany said...

What a darling baby! I am glad you are feeling better. Sounds like it was a rough last few weeks.
Congrats