Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Cure

I have been waiting for a picture to be sent to me before I did this post but the picture will have to come later. For now, Robert Smith. On May 21st we had the awesome opportunity of going to see The Cure in concert at Red Rocks amphitheatre. The Cure is Damon's all time favorite band and he had never been to a concert at Red Rocks. One of the best venues in the world. We went with a great group of friends. Mandy, one of Damon's friends from High school, our close friends the Jenkins, and long time friends the Lamoreaux's. The night was absolutely beautiful and combined with the music it was magic. There were many things going through my head that night. First it was so fun to be there with Damon, he couldn't have been happier, it was so fun to watch him. That brought me to thinking how perfect he is for me. For anyone who has known me for a long time, know that I am very different now then I was 10 years ago. Not that I was good or bad, just different. As I was standing at the concert I thought about how Damon brings the two different sides of me together perfectly. He loves both sides of me and supports all that I love to do. He makes sure the snowboarding, concert going, Carrie stays alive, while the Carrie who loves to sew, play dress up with her little girls, and has a firm testimony of the gospel can grow and blossom. I am not so good with words but I just love Damon so much, and he brings the wide spectrum of things that make me into perfect harmony. Thanks Honey!!!

2 comments:

aubreyannie said...

lucky. i LOVE the cure. and such a sweet tribute to your husband. what a good man!

AnnieB said...

Well said! I love all the different sides of Carrie! That's what makes you so crazy and lovely and amazing and fun! You are the best!
I'm always surprised that I made such a good choice too--and we were in our early twenties! What maturity we showed in choosing our eternal companions!!
ps I wish I was the Lamoreauxs that you were hanging out with! But, I won't get jealous! Glad you could bond with my bro!