Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bolder Boulder 2008

On Monday for Memorial Day I went with my friend Carolyn and we ran the 10K Bolder Boulder. It was a cold rainy day. Carolyn is quite the runner and left me soon after we started. I on the other hand, am a horrible runner and I have not been training much for the run, but I hung in there and ran the whole way! I was shocked I did it, and then paid for it the rest of the day. My legs were sore! It was a lot of fun, the atmosphere of being part of a race, or event like that is so fun, and makes you feel like you have accomplished something. The entertainment on the streets lining the course was an unforgettable experience. We had the Blues Brothers, Elvis, tambourine players, slip -n- slides, local bands, hippie Jamaican drummers, hacky sackers, cheer leaders, and my favorite/ the craziest, the 2-3 belly dancer troops; most of which should never be belly dancing. It was a fun time and I hope to do it for many years.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. Way to go.

irishkaren said...

everyone is running 5k and 10k, gosh I'd be lucky if I made it 1k and ran the whole way, congrats!

AnnieB said...

You did it!!
Way to go! I suck at running and would be lucky to finish a 1K
I love you!

Merrill's said...

Way to Carrie!! Running is hard, but when you are done - you feel so awesome. Running is very addicting.

aubreyannie said...

sweet! nice job, carrie!