Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Cookies


This past Saturday we took the day off from life and made Christmas Cookies. It was so fun for me and the girls to just spend the afternoon making a total mess in the kitchen and coming out with some interesting cookies.Corinne making finger prints :)She wants to help so bad :)
Claire and Kaylee frosting the cookies

The final, colorful product!

These are called Thumbprint Cookies. They are our all time favorite Christmas Cookie. The recipe comes from Betty Crocker's 1963 Cooky Book, the best cookie book ever!

Thumbprint Cookies

1/2 cup butter, 1 cup Flour

1/4 cup brown sugar (packed), 1/4 tea salt

1 egg separated, 1/2 tea vanilla

3/4 cup finely chopped nuts, Raspberry jelly

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla thoroughly. Blend together flour and salt; stir in. (I just use a normal hand mixer) Roll dough into balls (1 tsp. per ball). Beat egg whites slightly with a fork. Dip balls in egg white. Roll in nuts. Place about 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet; press thumb gently in center of each. Bake 10-12 min. Cool and fill thumbprints with jelly.

4 comments:

Jellybeans Children's Boutique said...

I love to visit around the blogs at Christmas seeing families having fun and finding great recipes. Your girls are adorable! I think that you might enjoy visiting our website and reading our blog. Merry Christmas

imjacobsmom said...

Thumbprints are my family's favorite too. I also put green applemint jelly in one half of the batch it looks real christmasy and tastes refreshing. It looks like your family had a funfilled day! ~ Robyn

Quilty bird said...

Those thumb print cookies were delicious! Sad to say they are already gone. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Maybe I'll crack the whip and have Noel & Jessie make some this weekend.

Amy

mrs. timberlake said...

Hi Hi Hi.
It's corbin aka amy merrill.

Email me and I will send you a link to our blog! amymerrill@cox.net

I just got your Christmas Card (which I look forward to every year) and had to hop on and say HELLO!